Looking for rescued cats who are ready for a FURR-ever home!?!?
1.) Interested in adopting and meeting the cats? We currently have limited in-person appointments available.
**If you are interested in adopting a barn cat please fill out an application and write “barn cat” in the line that says “Name of cat(s) you would like to adopt (if known)”
2.) We have a number of other cats available through our parent rescue, Green Street Rescue.
Meet the Green Street Rescue Cats!
4.) Please Read!
All cats adopted from GSR have received the following basic rescue services prior to adoption. We use clinics for rescue work due to the volume and costs. Each cat is treated for fleas immediately post rescue. At the vets they are tested for feline aids/leukemia, spayed or neutered and vaccinated. Ears are cleaned and Nails trimmed if the vet team has time. Kittens can be altered once they reach 3 lbs or approximately 3-4 months of age and cannot receive rabies until 12-15 weeks of age or it is not effective. We give each adopter a copy of the cats medical records and recommend taking them to the vet , within 3 months of adoption, to the vet of their choice that they plan to use for annual visits. Should the cat have other medical issues we will also address them as needed.
You have done your research and are ready to adopt the one!?!? Download the Adoption Application Here.
Download Adoption Application
– Please send your filled out application to GSRadoptions@gmail.com
– Please allow at least 2-3 business days for us to look over the application. We want to ensure a good match for the human and cat alike!
*At this time we are experiencing longer return calls from landlords, vets and references. Please be patient, it could take 7-10 days to approve an application pending we can get a hold of your contacts.
A few rules about adoptions:
- No same day adoptions.
- Your application will be reviewed and your vet and all references will be called.
- Application approval time will depend on the time it takes to reach all of your references.
- Once approved, you plan a time to pick up the cat from the cafe or foster home.
- Bring a carrier (we recommend a hard carrier, big enough for the cat to stand up and turn around in easily).
- Adoption fee is due at the time of pickup – $135 for one, $190 for two.
- You will be provided with the cat’s medical records
- We suggest talking to your vet within 3 months from adoption to get a base line.