Looking for rescued cats who are ready for a FURR-ever home? Get started today!
- Interested in adopting and meeting the cats? We currently have limited in-person appointments available.
- We do not do same-day adoptions.
- Your application will be reviewed in the order it was received and your vet and all references will be called.
- Application approval time will depend on the time it takes to reach all of your references. Letting your contacts know to be expecting us greatly expedites their response time.
- Once approved, you will plan a time to pick up the cat from the cafe or foster home and make sure that Le Cat Cafe knows.
- Bring a carrier (we recommend a hard carrier, big enough for the cat to stand up and turn around in easily).
- Adoption fee is due at the time of pickup – $140 for one, $200 for two. Sales tax is included.
- We suggest talking to your vet within 3 months from adoption to get a baseline health assessment.
- All our cats are former strays, so we cannot guarantee the health of any cat you adopt from us. We treat them for fleas and worms immediately post rescue. They are tested for feline AIDS and leukemia, spayed/neutered, and given their rabies vaccine by a veterinarian. You will be given a hard copy of their medical history that you should take to your first vet visit.
**If you are interested in adopting a barn cat please fill out an application and write “barn cat” in the line that says “Name of cat(s) you would like to adopt (if known)”
- We have a number of other cats available through our parent rescue, Green Street Rescue.
All cats adopted from GSR have received the following basic rescue services prior to adoption: Each cat is treated for fleas immediately post rescue. At the vets they are tested for feline immunodeficiency virus/leukemia, spayed or neutered, and vaccinated. Ears are cleaned and Nails trimmed if the vet team has time. Kittens can be altered once they reach 3 lbs or approximately 3-4 months of age and cannot receive rabies until 12-15 weeks of age or it is not effective. Should the cat have other medical issues we will also address them as needed. We give each adopter a copy of the cats’ medical records and recommend taking them to the vet , within 1 months of adoption, to the vet of their choice that they plan to use for annual visits.
Have you done your research and are ready to adopt? Fill out online or download the Adoption Application here.
- Please allow at least 2-3 business days for us to look over the application. We want to ensure a good match for the human and cat alike!
- Our cats are not micro-chipped unless they are found with one and the prior owner does not want them back